When thinking of a bathroom renovation, many people will think of a new bathtub installation or new tiles in their shower. They might think of a fresh coat of paint and new hardware. But it is essential to understand how updating your bathroom vanity can improve your bathroom’s appearance and tie together your bathroom renovation.
At Surface Bella, we want you to understand why you should make the investment in an updated bathroom vanity and what vanity you should choose for your space.
What Is A Bathroom Vanity?
A bathroom vanity consists of your bathroom sink, counter, and any accompanying cabinet space. It is often where you store most of your regularly used bathroom supplies, wash your hands, and get ready every morning. Older bathroom vanities may not have much storage space, making it a relatively underutilized space.
Why Should I Update My Bathroom Vanity?
If you’re considering investing in a bathroom renovation, you may feel like just painting your bathroom vanity and moving on. But updating your bathroom vanity may tie together the space in ways a paint job cannot.
If you are renovating your bathroom, there are many reasons that you should update your bathroom vanity, which include the following:
1. The Old One Doesn’t Fit The Space Well: Whether visually or physically, there is a possibility that your existing bathroom vanity doesn’t fit the space very well. If this is the case, updating your bathroom vanity can allow you to find one that suits you and your space better and flows well with the rest of your bathroom fixtures.
2. It Gives Your Bathroom An Updated Appearance: If you’re updating your bathroom, ensure you’re updating all the fixtures. Not updating your bathroom vanity may make it look out of place. By updating your bathroom vanity, you can ensure the finishes match the remainder of the room and will tie the space together.
3. It Improves Your Storage Space: If you have a small bathroom vanity before your renovation, you may need more storage space. By updating your bathroom vanity, you can choose a fixture that has more storage space and works better for your family’s needs.
4. It Increases Your Home’s Value: As one of your home’s most lived-in spaces, you deserve to update every feature. Your vanity is used by everyone who uses the bathroom every time they go in there. By upgrading this regularly-used piece, you’ll improve not only the value of the bathroom but the value of your entire home.
5. It’s An Easy Upgrade: Many bathroom upgrades are costly and time-consuming. A bathroom vanity upgrade may not take even half as long as an upgrade to your shower, bathtub, floors, or walls. Because it is such a quick upgrade, it is an excellent investment to make in the space.
What Kind Of Bathroom Vanity Should I Get?
When upgrading your bathroom vanity, it’s important to find one that fits the space’s aesthetic well but also serves you and your family’s needs. With so many options on the market, deciding which kind of bathroom vanity you should choose might be difficult. Bathroom vanity variations can consist of the following:
Single-Sink Vanity: As the name suggests, a single-sink vanity consists of one sink and accompanying counter space. A standard vanity can be 18 to 72 inches wide and provide plenty of counter and storage space if the room can accommodate it. A single-sink vanity is a good option for those who want more storage but whose bathrooms aren’t large enough for a larger vanity.
Double Vanity: If several people are using your bathroom at a time, a double vanity may be a better option for your bathroom. A double vanity consists of two sinks instead of the standard single sink. While adding a second sink may remove some storage space, a double vanity allows you to leave more of your belongings at your sink.
Corner Vanity: If you’re updating a smaller powder room, installing a smaller corner vanity might be a good idea. These vanities include a small sink, counter space, and a small cabinet underneath. While they don’t supply a lot of storage or counter space, they’re suitable for a room that can’t support a larger vanity or have a strange layout. A corner vanity may maximize the space in a small room.
Updating Your Bathroom Vanity With Surface Bella
Surface Bella provides bathroom renovations to homes across North and South Carolina. We offer custom porch and deck builds, window and vinyl siding installation, bathroom remodeling, and more! Whether you’re looking to update your bathroom or create your dream outdoor space, our team of experts can provide high-quality home improvements.
We know remodeling can be stressful, but our team seeks to make the process seamless. If you’re interested in any of our renovation services, contact us today!