When you are in the midst of a bathroom renovation, you have a lot of small choices to make. From metal finishes to lighting fixtures, there is a lot for you to choose from. While you pick between all of these bathroom upgrade options, you may want to consider whether to go with a tile or solid surface shower.
While solid surface showers are not new, you may not know much about this bathroom upgrade and why it is a great choice for your home. However, to make an informed decision for your home, you must understand the benefit of each. In this blog, our Surface Bella team will go over these two popular choices, the benefits of each, and which we think would be the best choice for your bathroom.
Many people are accustomed to the appearance of a tile shower, as they are an incredibly common bathroom shower option. Tiles come in a variety of sizes and can be applied in a variety of directions to allow for full customization of your shower stall. Tiles are incredibly durable, easy to clean, and long-lasting, making them a great option for your bathroom.
Solid Surface Showers
Solid surface showers are made of non-porous materials and come in larger sheets. A solid surface shower is a much more durable option for homeowners who have struggled with fragile tile showers in the past. They are fully customizable and can fit a variety of bathroom aesthetics. At Surface Bella, we use The Onyx Collection solid surface showers to create a perfect bathroom for every homeowner.
What We Recommend
When having to choose between tile and solid surface showers, it is important to choose the most reliable option. There are so many factors you may need to consider before selecting the best option for your home.
For many homeowners, tile showers seem like the safe choice because they have experience with them in their homes before. They may also understand the installation and care process of tile showers. However, when choosing from the two, we believe a solid surface shower is a better choice for many reasons. The benefits associated with solid surface showers include the following:
- No More Grout Cleaning: Because solid surface showers are made with large sheets of material, you don’t have to worry about cleaning grout every time you clean your bathroom. These shower systems are held together by trim systems that don’t require any caulking or grouting.
- More Durable: While tile showers are incredibly durable, a solid surface shower provides you with more protection from potential leaks. This protection is due to the single surface, allowing for fewer cracks or openings between tiles for water to seep in, leading to less water damage.
- Less Wear And Tear: While it is possible for anything to wear down over time, you don’t have to worry about repairing broken tiles or mold growing in solid surface showers. While scratches are still a concern with a solid surface shower, you can restore the surface by lightly sanding.
- Faster, Easier Installation: When placing individual tiles for your tile shower, installation times can become much longer than you have anticipated. However, you don’t have to worry about lengthy installations with solid surface showers. You also don’t have to worry about tiles breaking and having to replace them, making this process much easier on you.
- More Customization: While there is a great deal of customization available with tile showers, solid surface showers come in a variety of colors and finishes, making them a great investment for your bathroom. You may even choose a solid surface shower that looks like tile or stone without the headache of cleaning grout.
Ultimately, a solid surface shower will elevate the appearance of your bathroom in ways that a tile shower cannot. Because these shower systems aren’t as well known, your bathroom will stand out. If you are looking for an upgrade to your bathroom that many others don’t have in their home, a solid surface shower is the way to go.
Getting A Solid Surface Shower With Surface Bella
Solid surface showers are a major investment, and if you are interested in getting one for your home, you should work with a team of reliable professionals you can trust. Our team at Surface Bella has years of experience and is confident that we can create the new bathroom of your dreams.
In addition to solid surface showers, we provide vinyl siding services and custom patio and deck builds. If you are interested in getting a solid surface shower or would like to speak with a member of our team about other services we provide, reach out today.